Hi, I'm Tiffany, and I design with words.
I'm a Content Designer living in Austin, Texas. "What's a content designer?" I hear you ask. It's a modern spin on content strategy that focuses on product design and user interactions. It means I design user experiences with words and strategic content.
A Little Background
My professional journey, like most things in my life, has been unconventional. I earned my degree in industrial design but found myself drawn into the world of software before ever walking across the stage. I worked as a front-end developer for four years and fell in love with the tech world. Craving a new challenge, I moved into a role with Virb, the company who hosts this very website. The variety of skills I utilized there led to my lightbulb moment: I love content. And software. And they hire people for just that.
So I've spent the past four years as a content designer, in both agency and product worlds, putting my passion for words, design, and digital experiences to good use.
How I Work
I love collaborating with teams of designers and developers to create meaningful digital experiences, whether it's mobile, web, or otherwise. I believe in taking the guesswork out of concept development through research and testing, and I get excited about writing copy that makes a brand or product feel complete. And I know that no problem is too big to be solved by a good team happy hour.
I specialize in these skills:
- Web and mobile UX copywriting
- Social media and marketing copywriting
- Multi-platform content strategy
- Pitches and presentation storytelling
- Brand voice & tone definition
- Scriptwriting and storyboarding
- Instructional and technical writing
When not working, I'm likely to be found exploring with my dog, rock climbing, enjoying wine with friends, or desperately trying to master the guitar. If you're ever in need of an audiobook recommendation, ask away. And yeah, you can totally call me Tiffapiffa.
Where I've Been
- Senior UX Content Associate,
- Senior Content Designer, Chaotic Moon Studios, 2013-2016
- Community Director, Virb, 2012-2013
- Front-End Developer & Team Lead,
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design, Arizona State University, 2005-2009